Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

tp gal comments on the news of the day

# Ivar's undersea billboards a hoax devised as marketing ploy

How very funny, IVAR's claimed it found an old undersea billboard (which it had planted) and then forged "authentication" documents and the local media was duped into printing it as news. This "hoax" harmed no one, but I'm glad that they came clean on their own. Their goal wasn't to make local news outlets look stupid, it was kind of a side effect.

# Aggravated murder charge filed against man accused of killing officer


Yeah! I also read that the DA is considering the death penalty for this misguided a-hole. While we're at it, what about the (explicative removed) guy who shot his ex-girlfriend to death on the beach approach in September. I vote for a two for one.

# Salute those Muslim-Americans who stand up for their country

Amen to that. (no joke intended) We need to be careful that we don't assume that every Muslim is a terrorist or a potential murderer. Yes, there are wacky crazy sects of the Muslim doctrine, but can't we say the same thing for the Christians too? Let's not forget the (explicative removed) Rev. Fred Phelps who leads the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., and their loving picketing of military funerals, and are kind enough to remind us that he believes that "God hates Fags". That guy is a problem in my book, more so than the average Muslim-American.

# ESPN's Bill Simmons gets us: He hates Clay Bennett, too

Uh, who is Clay Bennett, or Bill Simmons for that matter?


# GOP clueless as families struggle with health care

This was a headline on the Seattle Times website. I'm about as "Democrat" as they come, but I do hope this article is an opinion piece. I think it would be hard to define "clueless"

# City Light rate increase of 13.8 percent proposed

ouch. The lights in my kitchen are hurting my pocketbook.

# US expects to seek death penalty for 9/11 suspects

Well, duh! The big scuttlebutt is the controversy over bringing the "suspects" (who bragged about being the "masterminds") to the US (New York, specifically) and trying them in civil court. I'm wondering will this be a jury trial and if so who are the poor souls who have to sit there and try to be unbiased. I don't think I could do it - the being unbiased part. I could render a verdict...

# Light rail to airport to begin Dec. 19

Woo Woo! I wished I still worked in downtown Seattle so this would be an option for me. It doesn't really work from the east side, but I hope people use it.

# Colorado balloon boy parents plead guilty

These people burn me up. I think they are terrible parents and quite delusional. I hope they don't benefit from their notoriety any more than they already have, and if they monetarily profit from this stunt that they are forced to compensate the local police, fire and rescue teams, the farmer who's field their stupid balloon destroyed, the hours idiots like me spent watching the news and every concerned person who sent out a shout out to God for that boys well being.

No comments: