Pages

Sunday, November 08, 2009

til death?

My new favorite room in our house is the "formal" living room. Instead of filling it with furniture we are too sloppy to use, and spending our days raking the carpet into perfect rows we filled it with bookshelves that are big enough to house both of our collections and the pile of pretty things we have gathered over the years and many of our beautiful wedding gifts.

My loveseat is the perfect size to create and inviting place to sit, but it's not so big that the room is jammed with furniture. Maybe someday we'll replace the love seat with a couple overstuffed chairs but for now, the loveseat, a rug from my condo and the new coffee table acquired at CostPlus last night round out the room beautifully.

We're up early again this morning because SEARS had to come back to reinstall the dryer. I washed a down comforter and it snowed in the house. That was a clue that something is wrong.

While Jason is upstairs with the (re)installers he's trying not to bug them, while supervising their actvities. I'm downstairs enjoying a cup of tea and (trying to) read a book given to me by a friend. Jas keeps popping his head over the banister over the vaulted foyer from upstairs to talk to me.

The first time was cute, the second time I laughed and the third time, he held out a staple gun from my toolbox and laughed. "What's this, it's so tiny!?"

I explained that for my condo and what I used it for it was perfect. "I bought it to staple new fabric on chair seats, I wasn't holding up walls or anything."

"Would it staple through fabric?" Jason mocked.

"Don't you have a hobby that you could be doing instead of bugging me?" I replied.

"I'm doing it now!" He laughed.

Touche'

(so now, my book has been cast aside and I'm doing MY hobby, posting to the world the funny and exasperating things whatshisface says to me.)

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

You two are too cute!