Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

waiting....

I'm ready to hit the road but have to wait for Jason to return from work. It won't do to show up at the parents without the new husband.

I've been trying to focus on work, but have really only been successful in some email clean up, and um a purchase of our first ever joint holiday card. (not at all work related.)

Regarding the blog, I had to turn on comment moderation, so your witty posts may not be visible right away. I was getting some comments in Japanese with strange hyperlinks and I need to make it challenging for a while to leave comments to make it go away.

In other mundane and boring news, the FedEx delivery man dropped off our quarterly wine shipment from one of Jason's wine clubs. While he was at my door (for 15 seconds) he had time to comment on the amount of glassware we have. At first I was confused because he said "glasses" and I thought he was talking about my cute specs - but no, he was commenting on something in my house. I didn't like it.

It is true that we have a lot of glasses. We both had "everyday" wine glasses and a set of nice red wine glasses. He had barware for martini's, champagne and highballs. I had a full set of 8 crystal wine, port, water and highball glasses that I inherited from my grandparents. We also registered for the most beautiful wine glasses and four super sturdy enormous crystal goblets. I love when we set a table we can really set a table.

We are talking about hosting a multiple course dinner with wine pairings. We have enough glassware to do a unique and wonderful treat with each course. Now, we just need to find the time.

I'm thinking spring. The wonderful thing about the new house is that it is ideal for hosting events. We're having fun inviting people over, but need to build in time to sleep.

I don't see it calming down until after Jason's birthday.

I should go...work becons.

No comments: