Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

The great name change of 2009

It turns out that changing my name hasn't been that traumatic. I guess I figured that I would loose part of the silly quirky bit that is the "P" in TP gal.

Legally, I am now TL gal and I'm still very much me (albeit a little under the weather today) and I do think it is nice to be Mr. & Mrs. Jason with a shared last name. It is equally nice that Jason left the name change decision up to me.

Had I still been at MegaBank professionally I might have been TP for a long long time. When I get a full time gig, I will be TL from the get go.

Changing my drivers license wasn't hard, even the social security card wasn't a challenge, and most of the credit cards and banks have been easy. Toyota Financial and Marriott Frequent Traveler rewards have been the most trouble . Toyota wants to keep a copy of our certified marriage certificate, but will be satisfied with a copy of the social security card when it comes. I will do the latter. Marriott needs 6 weeks to process the name change and in the meantime, I may have some trouble with getting the credit for my stays because the credit card and the reservation name won't match up. I'll fight to the death for my points. Oh yes I will.

For the record, my new driver license card photo is super cute and I'm sad that I only get to keep it for a year. They make you re-test at the age of 42 which means a new picture.

Anyway. boring topics for a grey Sunday. I want to snuggle on the couch and watch tv, but a) I can't work the tv yet and b) my in-laws are here and it's wrong to veg out when they are all hussling and bustling around my lovely new house. (so I'm in the computer room? still wrong.)

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

Wait...re-test? Really?