Pages

Friday, November 06, 2009

To Do...

I worried for a few moments that after the wedding and after the move that Jason and I would sit around the house with nothing to do. For the rest of our lives.

This is not the case. I'm down to opening boxes that have been in storage for a VERY long time. With each box a project has been brewing in my head. I have found wonderful picture from college and my 20's & 30's. It feels weird to display them in this home of Jason & mine. I have decided to unframe them (except for the most beloved) and put them in a scrapbook.

I know, SCRAPBOOK!? Who am I? Suburban housewife? Apparently so. The activity will serve some very nice needs, the first is to consolidate them into a format that I can enjoy when I want, the second is to reduce the amount of space they take up and the third is to spend a little time with them as I organize my 'memory book.' I don't expect anyone (Jason included) to ever have to go through it, but I think will be a fun activity.

My other "project" is to start cooking more. My repetoir is kind of limited and I have decided to branch out. I love the dining out experience, but we do it too often just because we wait to long to decide what to have for dinner. It's lazy and expensive.

I'm starting with breakfast tomorrow. I've already been to the store to pick up the needed items and I'm confident that Mr. L. will appreciate the effort.

We can't go out anyway, the security system people are coming between 7:30 am and 9:30 to do the install. I doubt they will arrive at 7:30 and I doubt it will be a 30 minute visit. So, while we wait around, I'm making a savory breakfast.

I also have plans for the aging bananas on our counter. I found a great looking recipe for banana pecan bread. I had to buy pastry flour, but I'm sure it will get used eventually.

Cross your fingers that it turns out.

ok, enough rambling. It's time to fold up a box or two.

No comments: