Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Draggin'

I'm pooped today.

Yesterday I was up at 4 am (but awake at 3) to get ready to head to the airport. I was on the 6:20 a.m. flight to San Jose for a meeting with the big boss at eBay. The meeting went well but it was clear that the manager who (has since left) hired me and the big boss weren't on the same page. That's an awkward situation, but fortunately I have a contract that stipulates what I was supposed to be working on (and have delivered!)

So, after the somewhat stressful meeting a quick lunch another meeting I was back to the airport for the 3:30 flight home. One day trips are not the norm but I had a commitment last night that I didn't want to miss. The year end book group meeting is the best!

I ran off the airplane and to the car to join hundreds of commuters stuck behind a disabled Semi under the convention center. It didn't help that it was pitch black and WET outside. I'm not totally comfortable in Jason's car just yet and it was a stressful drive.

I arrived at Amy's with 30 minutes to spare, so I was able to quickly finish the last of the books for our discussion and then headed inside.

The gathering was great (and I'll upload the summary on the other blog later today) but around 9:30 my 3:00am wake up hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in North Seattle and still needed to get to Renton. It took 45 minutes to wrap up (because the ladies are not on my schedule - duh) and I was puttering home.

I walked in the door around 11 and was thankful that although Jason was upstairs tucked into bed that all the Christmas lights were still on. It was a welcoming sight.

I think it's strange that even though I was exhausted I didn't sleep like the dead last night. There were terrible dreams about trying to deal with the Toyota Motor Company and trying to sell a house that was overrun with teenagers. I'm not really sure where any of that came from, the car is fine, the house is fine and the teenagers I know are all nicely housed with their own families. So, I woke up tired and am trying to focus. (Clearly not well if I'm blogging vs. following up on my to do list from the meeting yesterday.)

I'm going to get my work done and hopefully take a Terri Time Out before I start dinner for my little family tonight.

No comments: