Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

That's not very nice!

Here we are at the end of the weekend and I'm under the weather.

Friday, our dinner invitee chose to stay home so we tried a new recipe and cracked open an older bottle of wine and talked about life, work and the upcoming holidays.

Saturday we were up early to meet the window shade installers who arrived at 7:15. We used our extra time to vacuum and spiff up the house. We took and "exciting" trip to Fred Meyer.

We picked up the in-laws at the airport after a quick visit to Becky's

Saturday night we had a reservation at el Goucho. Yummmm. Meat! (sorry cow, but you taste good!). The only bummer is that I started to feel ill during dinner and ended up needing to "give back" my dinner before we left the restaurant. Ironically, as I was making the emergency trip to the chic restroom I was asked by a server "How's your dinner?". Some how "It tastes good, but I need to throw up" probably wouldn't go over well, so he got a thumbs up. Throwing up in a fabulous location is awkward. (Throwing up anywhere but home is awkward and awful. )

I thought it was an isolated incident until we had to stand and sing at church this morning. It was clearly to much for me and I have been on the couch in pj's ever since. Jas and his mom and dad had brunch together and then enjoyed a trip to the mall. I feel bad for not joining but am thankful they went rather than watch me drool on the couch all afternoon.

I'm hopeful that a down day will mean I'm right as rain tomorrow. Christmas is coming, I can't be sick.

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

So sorry you're sick! Hope you feel better soon!