Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I seem to be feeling better. Yesterday, I ventured out with the family to run some early morning errands and man oh man was it too much for my poor little tummy. I started to lose it in Fred Meyer and got a bit spacey. I opted to wait in the car during the Costco run. If I couldn't handle Fred Meyer grocery dept. there's no way I could deal with Costco. Plus, I think four people is too many for a grocery shopping expedition.

We came home, rested for a bit (I did some work for my client) and later we went to lunch. Halfway through, I was done, and thankful I brought my own car. A quick trip to Rite Aid on the way home for some tummy calming medicine and back to bed I went.

Last night we watched Julie & Julia (wonderful) and I managed to sit through the whole movie without having a core shaking temperature change nor needing to make an emergency run to the loo. By the time we went to bed I was practically giddy with glee over how good I felt.

Today, I'll still be taking it easy. I have work to do (bad tp for blogging) and we have a houseful of workers fixing the tiny little things in our house. The caulker arrived at 8 and is busily working on removing and replacing the builders caulk in our bathroom and in the guest bathroom.

A roofer is due here in moments to finally add that last darned bit of flashing on a section of our roof.

Painters are due here any moment to repaint the "wet rooms" aka the bathrooms. We picked up a good quality eggshell paint for the bathrooms and are excited not to have to repaint those areas ourselves. And by ourselves, I mean by myself. I married someone who, in our limited pre-nup called out painting as a task he doesn't do. I believe him. When we breakdown and repaint the main common areas we will hire in help for the stairwells and foyer walls.

So, while this is all going on, I'm finishing up some stuff and working out my travel for the beginning of January.

I did figure out this morning that I'll hit the frequent flier Gold status on my last flight of the year (on 12/31). I think it's funny to meet that level on the last day of the year. It'll be a nice little perk but I promise to not let it get to my head. It means I'm not home as much as I want to be. Getting to jump the security line will be nice and the upgrade coupons will be handy for our joint trips.

I'll mull over an exciting and important topic for the next posting.

2 comments:

CLD said...

You poor thing! You've got more than a 24 hour thing... thankfully, my daughter just had a quick bug. She's better... but the couch is definitely NOT. :(

PNB Dave said...

A caulker? Really?

Glad you're feeling even a little better.