Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

A Wedding!

A friend of mine who has been long single and off and on dating of perfectly fine, but not quite right for him ladies has sent a very exciting notice, he's getting married.

I am over the moon excited for him, not just because of the whole "wedding thing" but that he has found his right someone. I think it is sweet that taking this huge step for them seems simply natural. I recall one not-right gal who was offended when he referred to her as a starving student. I guess you could consider that an insult, but all he was trying to say was that he understood why he was usually the one to grab the check. She didn't see it that way at all and showed him the (dorm) door. Oh well, it appears that those missteps were all on the path to his current love. I would also like to point out that at the time I assured him that not ALL women were crazy and it turns out I'm right!

I got wind of this impending union after Jason and I returned from our honeymoon and honestly, at that point I didn't think I could be a happier person, but his announcement swelled the size of my heart like the Grinch when he figures out that Christmas isn't about the stuff.

So, a few short weeks after Christmas they will be married in a tiny private ceremony and then the rest of us riff-raff will join them the next day to eat their reception food and gush over how thrilled we are for them. The gushing is required, but it will come very easily for me.

I know, I use to blog about customer service nightmares and now I'm all happy this and happy that. I'm sure it's getting old. (wink)

2 comments:

Peter's Raccoon Friend's Unquiet Ghost said...

This is wonderful news! Your friend sounds like a fantastic fellow, richly deserving of all happiness. I only wish I could have met him and his bride-to-be before I was unceremoniously exterminated by the buyer of your condo.

PNB Dave said...

My hope continues to spring eternal.