Thursday, August 05, 2010
10 things that are good about working at home:
2) The dress code. My first meeting this morning was conducted while I was still in my pj's.
3) The cafeteria : my food, at my schedule
4) Multi-tasking. I had a 2 hour educational conference call today. The security analyst talked for two hours on an interesting topic and I listened and learned, but I also got to take a moment in my lovely bathtub. He was talking about load balancers and firewalls while I deep conditioned my hair. Do THAT at your cubicle.
5) Being home to sign for UPS packages.
6) Hearing the Blue Angels practice. (That's not an everyday thing... it is a summer thing)
7) Lunch al back yardo. Yes, when I was downtown lunch on the patio at the Cantina was fun, but my pb&j on my patio is a glorious thing.
8) Laundry. I love that I can get all the laundry done on Monday or Wednesday and not have to mess around with it on the weekends or in the evening.
9) Musak. I control the music selection and can play it at a level that works for me.
10) Office Gossip. I am blissfully separated from the office gossip. I don't have to get involved or hear about the rumors of who is sleeping with whom. I'm out of the loop, but the gossip I don't miss.