Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Darned Seahawks

It's a dangerous thing to despise a professional athletic team in the town in which you live, especially when they were the almost winners at the "super" season ending event the previous year - but I do.

Football itself is a crazy sport -- they play like what, 13 games a year? What other profession has only 13 days of official work a year? Sheesh even shitty drugged out rock musicians are on the road night after drunken night performing to as big a crowd as they can muster.

I'm aware that to compete in those 13 games the football player has to practice day after day and pump iron to be the huge hulking muscular monsters that they are - but I don't care.

Even I have to respect the fitness part of football players, and I do think the sport is great at the high school and college level - but the industry of football as a professional sport is something I find useless. It's all the tackling that gets on my nerves.

The age old tradition of college ball on Saturday and prof games on Sunday was blown to hell tonight when the Seahawks played an "exhibition" game tonight -- THURSDAY. Really, what I'm pissed about is that I left work at 5:00 for the first time in like 3 weeks to get home early -- and traffic was jacked up! I didn't get home until 7:30! Grrr.

I've been home an hour, had dinner, watched my DVR'd version of Project Runway -- Bye Angela! (Get new glasses, yours aren't pretty) and am now camped out in front of the Internet. I could have been here hours ago.

Sigh!

2 comments:

MWR said...

You made me read five whole paragraphs to confirm my expectation that this entry was really going to be about your latest commuting/vehicular difficulty.

Seattle's "Paint Princess" said...

I felt sorry for poor Angela (although it was about time) - being hauled all away across the ocean to beautiful Paris to find out you are dumped... That would suck, big time. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Michael.)

She does need a trip to Lenscrafters!