Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh Good Lord

This vacation just gets more and more exciting…I expressed to my momma (the closer we get to the Louisiana vacation the more southern I get) that I wasn’t going to sleep over at anyone’s house on this trip. “Hi! We’re loud, liberal and we’re movin’ in! Got anything to eat?”

Well, she must have expressed this to “Cousin Richard” because this was imbedded at the bottom of a forwarded message:

Tell your daughter we are hillbillies, we talk slow and different; eat turnip greens, sweet potatoes, ham hocks, and corn bread. We like country music, shop at Wal-Mart, talk about the weather, but we have feelings, care about other people, cry, laugh, get mad, get even, just like folks in Washington.

Good Christ… what must she have told him?

I wonder if we’ll need to have an “accident” in the bayou – two went out only one came back.

No comments: