Pages

Friday, October 13, 2006

Vacation: On

My desk is clean, a huge project done and delivered and I'm on my way home.

Mom and Dad have solved the plumbing problem enough to move into their house. Mom was calm enough to pack and drive over today. I should have just enough time to take out the trash an vacuum before she arrives.

We're going to hit the nail salon for pedicures in the morning and then swing by the mall to spend some dough on vacation clothes. Rico and Replacement Ali are hosting dinner for us tomorrow night. (I really should give her a name because every time she displays un-Ali like behavior it surprizes me. I think that might change if I allow her to have her own identity.)

Mom was also calm enough to have a rational discussion about ALL the things on our agenda. She agreed with me that visiting Uncle Woody was too ambitious. It would have been an eight hour drive (not includi ng rest stops or side jaunts to "see this or that.) I'm pleased about this development because it allows us to be more flexible when visiting "cousin richard" and "relative of unknown title Marlene".

I'll be checking in, so y'all come back now ya hear!

1 comment:

MWR said...

Are you finalizing an itinerary or compiling a thesaurus of euphemisms? "Visiting Uncle Woody"? "Visiting 'Cousin Richard'"?

Will you be making it down to the Florida Keys for a little bonefishing?

(Have a great time!)