Pages

Thursday, October 05, 2006


You may recall viewing the demolition photos from mom & dad's house from this summer. Well they are still at it. The "kid" (as they call him) finished the plumbing and the walls went up in the kitchen and bathroom. When mom used the sink she noticed a significant leak. Further inspection showed that the kid didn't seal the pipe connections (anywhere) and the leaks are pervasive. So now they are faced with tearing the walls back out and having a professional plumber come in to fix the mess caused by the kid.

I feel bad for them. They need to occupy the house before winter sets in and the extra expense of the plumber is going to hurt.

The kid seemed questionable to me, but the work I saw looked pretty good. (You know, with my vast experience as a home inspection professional.) They don't even have the luxury of suing him because they haven't paid him.

Mom said to me today, I wish you were here. To do what punish him by talking about multi-factor authentication until his head explodes? It would hardly be fair.

So, like all problems they will have to throw money at it which kills the plan of having a home with no mortgage. Well, worst case scenario they could winter with me, but let's ALL pray that it doesn't come to that. Please pray!

PS I'm liking the ability to blog while on the bus! Multi-tasking. Do THAT in your car!

PPS: Bush sucks, and I'm worried that our "liboration" activites will haunt us for decades. When will it stop?

No comments: