Pages

Monday, August 06, 2007

Bourne Ultimatum

What can I say that hasn't been said. It F*cking ROCKED!

Three minor complaints - the first is about minors. Children under the age of 10 should not be at a rated R movie unless they are likely to sleep through the dang thing. There were multiple small (4&5 year olds) at this movie and frankly it really pisses me off.

GET A BABYSITTER! Your kids don't need to see someone killed up close in hand to hand combat.

Second item - and it's not really a complaint but an error. In the movie we see a document about Jason Bourne and it provides personal data like date of birth and the like (blood type) and later we see his dog tags (no spoiler there) and they have his blood type printed on them... different blood type.

I don't care how powerful your super secret wing of the government is, you aren't changing a dude's blood type.

Final item, the camera work made me dizzy. There were a couple places where I had to avert my eyes because I was starting to feel woozy.

Don't let these issues distract from the over all message. This movie was one of the best part III movies I've ever seen. It was exciting from the beginning to the end and I left wanting a fourth movie. Not because it's not wrapped up, but because I can't get enough of Bourne's quick super powers. He's a killing machine but he's got a soul and that makes him fun to watch.

Bottom Line: Get a baby sitter, take some Dramamine and see this movie!

No comments: