Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Remember when we were in our 20's?

Remember those years when all we worried about was which bar to go to on Saturday and how to actually pay for the drinks? It is good being older, the stability is very nice and I love that my inner dialog is mature and I dont often get caught up in the drama of stupid things, but there is a down side.

I am noticing a disturbing trend that I would like to put a halt to immediately! Health issues among friends, a dear friend is dealing with fibrous tumors in her girlie region, another sweet friend is having a lump removed and one of my grade school classmates just passed away!

None of this is ok people! Both ladies are going to be fine, but the health care roller coaster isnt fun. Plus, they dont give you a map or a plan so you can plot out your strategy, each stop along the way provides another clue to your next destination. I also think its AWESOME that lab results take anywhere from three days to three weeks, because it gives the patient something to DO. Dont mind me, Ill just sit here and imagine that Im dying while you mail my tests to the outsourced lab in Peoria. Frankly, this waiting borders on cruelty.

As for the childhood chum, well heres a case for some sort of national health care. Dave didnt have insurance and let his dental work slip and ended up with a terrible infection. He ended up in the emergency room and (just my opinion folks) had he had insurance they would have admitted him, but instead sent him home with antibiotics, the next day DEAD. This is a guy with a high school education, a job, and a family. He wasnt a drugged out loser, or a drain on us tax payers he was a tax payer. I have high hopes that we can figure out a way to get the basic needs of our fellow man met, because Im not sleeping very well at night.

As for the rest of you who may be thinking about catching a little cancer or up and dying DONT YOU DARE! TPgal needs you! (because its all about me?)

No comments: