Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Resolve

I'm back on a healthy eating plan. I've talked to a nutritionist and it's working. I've lost 19 pounds in the last month (go me!) and the rules are easy:

6 small meals a day
40-60 grams of protein a day
lean meats
fruits & veggies
whole grains
eat slow
don't drink with meals (no water or nothin')
avoid caffeine
no carbonated beverages
64 oz water a day

Frankly, with work and the water there's no time to eat crap. I still want to and passing on the donuts during our last marathon work meeting was a struggle. It kills me that all those skinny people can hork down 2+ donuts while I know I can't.

Anyway - I'm not here today to whine about what I can and can't eat. I'm ok with the new plan - plenty o' good food. I'm here to complain because the nutritionist wants (demands) that I document my food intake.

I was really good for a week, but then I went on vacation and stopped. I didn't ever start again.

She just sent me a letter telling me to mail in my food logs.

CRAP!!!!!

I've spent the morning going over my meals and was able to recreate the last 2 weeks but I don't think I'm going to be able to go all the way back to the 19th of July.

It's good that I've been (mostly) sticking to the rules - but I'd hate for her to boot me to the curb for not doing my homework.

No comments: