Pages

Monday, October 15, 2007

It's not polite to talk about poo!

No one ever said I was polite.

My parents recently had lunch with some old friends. My news is my parents news so they shared with these folks that I'm about to have weight loss surgery.

This like most other news seems to be an invitation to bring up every scary story on the face of the earth. "Oh, you're adopting!? You have to be really careful because my sisters roommates brother went through an open adoption and the baby turned out to be an alien!" We've all done it, I think it's human nature.

So, these folks warned Mom and Dad that their friends sister's neighbor had WLS and now has the stinkiest poo ever. Apparently it's so bad that the lady can't even fly because the stink is so pervasive. (That's some nasty poo.)

I'm not one to take my information from friends of friends, or their sister's neighbor so I went to the experts. I posted a poo question on the message board of my new favorite web site (with the worst name ever) ObesityHelp.com.

I didn't expect but a couple responses, but apparently the formerly fat like to talk poo. Holy crap! (ha) The response was overwhelming, and thankfully most people claimed to not have a marked difference post surgery.

Some of those folks were pretty danged funny... I just hope that I'm not forever remembered as the poo lady.

1 comment:

tp_gal said...

The 6 month post surgery update: I seem to be A-O-K in this area. I know you were worried, and extremely interested