Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Travel Whine

Blogger won't let me upload my excellent photos from Philadelphia just yet, so I'll take a moment to complain about my journey home yesterday.

It was raining on the east coast, so there were flight cancellations in Philadelphia. American Airlines called me at 2 to tell me they canceled my 5:30 flight and asked if I could be at the airport by 3. I could get there by three, but I had no idea about the security process so I had to say no. The agent was somewhat annoyed that I wasn't at the airport 3 1/2 hours early but booked me on a 4pm flight with a connection to Seattle. Middle seats.. (urg)

It wasn't until I was at the airport when they dropped the bomb that I would be flying through TEXAS and having a small THREE HOUR LAYOVER. I'm not sure, but flying through Texas might have been the most in direct way to fly from the northern east coast to the northern west coast.

Thankfully, the Dallas to Seattle flight wasn't remotely full and I had a whole row to stretch out in, and I actually fell asleep. Good thing too because it made the 2am arrival a little more bearable.

I have a little travel hungover today, but will rally in time for dinner and a show with the only group of super cute men who ever invite me out. Yes, I am speaking of the Gays. We're off to dinner and to see Spamalot. It should be a riot.

No comments: