Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Philly-Aid

Calling all caring Americans, our brethren in the city of brotherly love need our help.

All over the city hotel patrons from lands lush with unique items like cucumbers, lettuce, and spinach are suffering from withdrawls.

I need your help in raising money to ship these needed food items to this otherwise lovely city.

This morning, I scrapped the only three raspberries in the entire state off the top of the (honestly) granola and frosting breakfast goo onto my plate. The other conference guests looked at me with hate and loathing in their eyes, but I didn't care. Scurvy was starting to set in, and something had to be done.

Lunch was a little better - a tomato and mozzarella salad (in 19 cups of oil) with (and remember, I said "little") salted shaved chicken or salted shaved "beef" and a vat of orange goo, with a steaming tray of onion rings.

I skipped the snack session today and went up to my room to work a little, but I heard that they served little squares of pecan pie. Now, I love me some pecan pie, but one should really only eat one square inch a year.

Our dinner party wasn't able to get into the local cuban restaraunt so we walked around the corner to an Italian place. We shared an Arugula salad and a flatbread pizza that we topped with ricotta and spinach. It was awesome, and it was a challenge to keep myself to one slice.

All joking aside, I am in LOVE with the neighborhood where our hotel is located. It is the perfect mix of urban and residential. We're in the historic district and it's very charming. Of course I couldn't afford a home here - the brownstones are in the low 2.5 millions - but it would be pretty cool.

I'm very much looking forward to my power tourist session Friday. I'm afraid the rain will arrive just in time for my day in the city, but I won't let it stop me. I can just walk around the corner to the Urban Outfitters and pick up a hat - and a hot pink Christmas Tree (ok...) and go about my day.

No comments: