Pages

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Weights & Measures

With my work travel schedule my business trips are stacked at the end of the year, and while I enjoy the change of pace it's caused a kink in my diet. It's hard to stick to 6 small meals a day when the food is scheduled as part of the program.

Yes, it is an excuse, but lately I have been sliding back into some not so good eating choices. I had *GASP* taco time the other night and I ate EVERYTHING. I felt so full I almost puked, but it tasted so good.

Clearly routine is an important factor towards my success. I have been trying, I make sure I keep up on the water intake and avoid sweets. Not surprisingly my weight loss has plateaued. Every morning I shower, towel off and run into the other bathroom to see the damage and for almost 3 weeks it's been holding steady with a 1.5 pound variance up or down depending on who knows what, the moon's gravitational pull?

I was getting frustrated, so I stopped the morning weigh in. With the exception of the Taco Time incident, this week has gone well. Friday I was craving fast food CRAP, but made myself go and eat at home. (small victories) This morning, after a weeklong abstention from the scale I stepped on to see what progress I had lost. Lo and behold... I'm down another 5 pounds!!!

That means I'm twenty-seven pounds down from where I started! Woo hoo. Rico tried to round it up to thirty, but I don't roll like that. I wasn't rounding up at my highest weight, so rounding up the weight loss seems wrong. Plus, there's nothing to say that the next three pounds won't be really hard to lose so let's not dismiss them before they are gone.

I'm kind of on a high at the news and am reinvigorated to keep going. My goal for the weekend (in addition to a three-pete at the gym) is to go through the closet and weed out all the summer stuff that I won't EVER need again. (by next summer I should be in all new smaller sizes!)

So, thanks for your support and have a delightful Sunday.


P.S. On a more somber note, one of my co-workers father's passed away suddenly this week. Please, PLEASE take the time to tell your loved ones that you love them. No matter how much they drive you crazy, don't let it go unsaid.

To my family and friends, I really do love you with all that I have inside, I would be no one and nowhere without you.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Congrats on the progress! Think about it... that's like 5 lbs. Of butter! And 27 lbs. is more than a 25 lb. bag of dog food... lug that up the stairs and then realize how far you've REALLY come! :)

Peepers said...

Congratulations, that is a lot of weight, and it does make a huge difference! You are having victories all over the place. And you're right, it's all about baby steps. Do what you can and create good habits as you can, and it'll just get easier and more ingrained as time goes on. I'm in the same boat.
And that cleaning out the closet bit is a good idea!! I realize there's stuff in there I never even wore this summer that I feel weird throwing away (or donating, whatever).. but it seems like that would be very cleansing. Keep up the good work...