Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

TP Wonka and the Fried Food Factory

Day one of the conference and its a food nightmare.  Breakfast was sweetbreads and whole milk, one strawberry adorned the top of a massive tub of butter.

Midmorning snacks were giant caramelized cinnamon rolls.

Lunch was salad (whew) chicken breasts each pre-dressed with 3 slices of bacon and cheese, or battered & fried catfish with French fries, the soup was a thick clam chowder with giant white bread rolls.   Dessert . Enormous wedges of a cream pie that looked to be lemon or banana based former fruit product.

The afternoon snack. ICE CREAM F*CKING SUNDAYS.

For those of us who are attempting to eat healthy this place blows!

My lunch was so light that I was (am) feeling hunger, so I ran up to my room and downed a calcium chew as a snack.  (thats simply sad)

I want credit for not eating this crap.  The hotel is really beautiful, but damn it this food situation had better improve.

4 comments:

MWR said...

"Breakfast was sweetbreads and whole milk, one strawberry adorned the top of a massive tub of butter."

This I most sincerely doubt (my emphasis).

syp said...

Damn! I'm super impressed that you aren't eating all of that crap!

Peepers said...

On their own each of the things you mention sound almost delicious... but listed all together like that kind of makes me want to hurl! Good for you for not eating it, it sounds really tempting. I'll stay away from pastries and goddamn Top Pot donuts and you stay strong too!

Have fun on your trip!

MJS said...

Leave the sweetbreads behind and go for the Scrapple!