Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2007

See you in a week



I'm off for a week of security talks in Philadelphia. It should be fun, and I do have half a day for tourist stuff. I'm sure like all of my half day city explorations that it will prove to be too short.

My flight leaves at 6:46 am tomorrow morning which means I have to get up at the crack of dawn (even earlier truth be told) and I'm nowhere near ready. I just finished packing as I had to quickly re-set the wardrobe once I checked the weather for the week. I was mentally prepared for 50 and crisp, and we're actually looking at 70 and wet.

I realized that the housekeeper people were coming while I'm gone and I can't expect the cat sitter to pick up my crap, so I'm still making sweeps of rooms to pick up wayward shoes and lost socks.

Also... one last unfavorite task before bed... the damned cat box. I just scooped it yesterday, but I know I won't be doing it in the morning. I'm sure I'll be regretting my midnight bedtime when the alarm rings at 4:15. My plan is to sleep the first few hours on the plane. Sure, that makes for a hell of a time going to bed on the east coast but there's not much to do about it now.

I'm sure I'll be posting from the road, so don't think you're off the hook in trying to keep up with me.

As for you JANIE... for not returning my call Friday, I may just have to call you when I get up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And so begins "Cat Abandonment Season". Sigh. At least maybe it won't be cold and dark and scary like last year.