Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Feeling Green

Here it is St. Patrick's Day, a made up holiday similar to Cinco de Mayo. We Americans don green, have a pint and celebrate our Irish heritage. Oh yes, I've got some of the Irish in me... my people went to Ireland (from England) pillaged a village and set up shop in the local castle, even renaming it for themselves. During that time there was some mixing with the Irish locals and thus my claim to the most popular European heritage today.
I never was a beer drinker, and now with my lowered tolerance for carbonation the likelihood of me raising a pint of Guinness this evening are pretty low. We do have a friend coming over for dinner, but won't be serving corned beef or anything traditional like that.
The only thing really St. Patrick's Day about today so far is the rainbow that has set up shop outside my window here at work. Yes, I am actually IN THE OFFICE today.
Oh, by the way the count as of this morning is:
Calendar Days Left: 10
Work Days left: 8
In office days: 3 (maybe...)

No comments: