Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

No Fanfare

Days left: Zero

Going into the office Wednesday was a lot more emotional than I thought it would be, but today was kind of... well the word "efficient" comes to mind.

I arrived at a normal time 8:15, grabbed a latte and headed to my desk where I had a few tasks to accomplish. I did them, turned off my computer, carried it to the laptop collection room which took all of 2 minutes. I came back up, did a sweep of the floor to find the folks I wanted to say "bu-bye" to before leaving. Finding NO ONE around, I left a couple post-it note see ya's and left.

It was all over by 11am I walked out with just my purse and took the bus home. Jason and I had a quiet lunch and I came home and fell into a coma for about an hour. Napping is my way of dealing with strange emotional stuff.

I have rallied, paid bills, canceled my comcast account (no more tpgal@comcast.net... you have to find me at my first name+last name @ gmail.com.) I faxed over the final paperwork to my super real estate agent and the condo is going to be having an open house Sunday.

Peter's Racoon Friends had better clear out for the open house if they have any hopes of getting a new family in the condo anytime soon. I appreciate all the nesting and furniture chewing they have done to keep the place homey, but new humans may not like it.

My agent seems confident that at the price we're listing at and the condition of the condo that it will sell. I think it is too much to hope that someone snaps it up right away, but gosh wouldn't that be fantastic? The only down side to that is that the next step in our plan would be to put Jason's place on the market and there's a lot to do in the "less is more" pre-house selling preparations. He is NOT a pack rat and our home is not cluttered, but we actually LIVE here and space is tight. The idea of starting to pack the things here for the storage unit makes me want to hurl a little bit. I'm sure we will have a few months before that is even needed and by the time the Renton condo sells I'll be up for packing boxes and making more trips to the storage unit.

Until then, let's keep our eyes on the prize...new job!

1 comment:

Peter's Raccoon Friend said...

"the condo is going to be having an open house Sunday"

Sweet heads up! Thanks.

Remember, though, that only I was Peter's friend. The others were indifferent to Peter, or even didn't like Peter (urine-spraying issues). May he rest in peace.