Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My trip to the ER

Yes folks, Jason and I have experienced our first crisis together and he passes, while I .... am just stupid.

Tonight, while washing dishes after a lovely dinner managed to whack the 9 inch sanduku knife against my left index finger. Thankfully there is a bone in the finger which stopped the intense forward trajectory of the knife from severing my entire finger.

We did a quick assessment and determined that indeed a trip to the ER was warranted. I used my excellent first aid skills acquired from my dad the retired Washington State Patrol Officer and wrapped a feminine maxi-pad around the cut and then applied pressure using a shitty rag (disposed of at the ER).

Jason calmly drove my dumb butt to the ER and nicely completed all the paperwork while I sat there and tried to make the staff in the "busy" ER of Issaquah laugh. (Jokes about having to compete with gunshot victims in Renton didn't go over very well...)

Now, I'm sporting 4 stitches on my left index finger (I'm left handed) and doctors orders not to get it wet for 24 hours (Yeah! No dishes!) Jason informs me that while I can't wash dishes I CAN dry them at put them away. I should go. Here are some photos for your enjoyment.


2 comments:

RisibleGirl said...

Yeouch! Of COURSE it's on the hand that you write with. Isn't that always the way it goes?

See you in a coupla days!

PNB Dave said...

Ouch! But it could have been worse. A friend of mine had a mishap with a hand blender two days ago and required SEVEN stitches in her finger to fix it up.