Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

This is it

I am oddly conflicted about my last day at the bank tomorrow. I was in the office Wednesday and left with a tear in my eye. It's the people that I will miss. I thought that my favorites had left already and that I was leaving good people but not folks I was attached to - but that is not the case. I'm not quite as cool about this as I thought.

Jason and I have a date planned tomorrow to not celebrate the end of the end. Dinner and a movie (in a theater!!!) I'll have a cocktail or two, but I will not get shitty and wallow in what was - I have a whole new chapter starting Monday.

I'm sad about the end of the bank and jazzed beyond belief that I get to challenge myself with this new thing. I feel like I'm leaving for college again - only this time I have friends on campus already.

I went into the system to check my previous pay stub and saw that a paper check is on it's way to me in the mail right now. It was strange to see "final remittance" on anything from the bank. And... how nice to now that it isn't really final. There's the severance that is headed my way. WHEW for that.

Ok, gotta run. We're headed over to the condo to do a little upkeep before it hits the market.

Have a great night. Thank you for listening to my back and forth (I'm sad -- I'm happy -- I'm mad -- I'm happy) crap about this topic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"We're headed over to the condo . . ."

This is just the kind of courteous "heads up" we could have used countless other times.

Apparently courtesy and working for a huge corrupt bank don't exactly go hand in hand.

Oh, right, the bank. Sorry that's over now. Bummer. Bad. It was wrong what they did to you. And homeowners. And the economy. And aspiring homeowners who weren't really actual people, but just made-up names on some form the broker needed to make his quota. Apparently that didn't fall under "information security", or maybe some minion dropped the ball. What the hell, water under the bridge, right? Please don't start using not having a W-2 job as an excuse to "head over to the condo" any more frequently than you already do.