Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fun Day


I'm telling you the pre-stuff for the "big day" is as much fun for me as the anticipation.

Today my attendants, bridesmaids, matrons nay bitchez (oh my!) gathered at the dress shop for fittings and to order the heinous outfits I have picked for them. The blue sheen is especially lovely don't you think?

Actually, they each picked the dress style that they like, and I hope that they feel as comfortable as one possibly could in a frock designed to be worn at a wedding.

We picked dresses, tried on veils (that is a surreal activity) and then headed over to lunch. After a couple hours of talking, laughing, playing with the phones, and updating Facebook with disturbing snippets of conversation we walked over to the fancy nail salon where they cleaned up our feet.

I have to say that it brings me joy to have these four women in one social setting. They all mean so much to me, but haven't really had the opportunity to get to know each other. I am overwhelmed with gratitude about how generous they are being with their time and their enthusiasm. I'm lucky to have such beautiful friends.

We joked about the show Bridezillas and about the bride who made her attendants go to boot camp and weigh in before the wedding. I told my size 0 friend that if she gains weight that she's OUT of the wedding. She, in return gave me the finger.

It was a lovely day and I'm a happy camper!

No comments: