Pages

Monday, June 07, 2010

It puts the lotion on its skin

We had one nice summer day Saturday afternoon.  It was pretty, it was sunny, the restaurants scrambled to set up their outside seating and BOOM, it is over.

I, like the good northwest girl I am, took to the sun as if I would never see it again.  After a morning of happy foot pampering at the "salon" with the one "Gift Certificate Available" I headed to Home Depot and  purchased lawn edgers with my fella. 

My much beloved daisies are growing out of control and making mowing and weed eating our itty bitty yard a two person job.  You know, of course, that I am the one having to hold the daisies back while Mr. Wonderful weed eats the edges.  So, we edged the lawn and then I trimmed the daisies.  I deadheaded the sad flowers to give the plants the energy to bloom the tiny buds that are wanting to come out.

It was therapeutic and fun, and I knew it was going to be the only sunny day in a while, so I decided to give my WHITE WHITE skin some vitamin D.  Am I smart enough to put on ANY sunscreen?

NO I AM NOT.

Today, this is what the yoga lady behind me had to transcend while she moved into the downward bendy pose:





Pretty, isn't it?


Pretty dumb.

No comments: