Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

free day

Happy Presidents day! This is an official work holiday so, in grand tradition I'm hanging out. There aren't too many President's Day traditions.

I lounged in bed, watching the Criminal Minds that I slept to last night. Then shed buckets to tears while I watched an Adoption Story on Discovery. (I can only imagine the pain of handing over your 6 month old baby.). Heck, even the adopted dad was overcome.

I decided that wasting my day in bed in front of the tv was a bad idea (especially since I was feeling like sh*t yesterday and spent the day on the couch.). Today is about doing the girlie things that are hard to do when spending quality time with my guy.

I've made myself purdy and spent an hour at Starbucks with my tea and book club book. We're reading War and Peace. I likely won't finish it today. (I'm on page 75.). So far it's all social drama. One complaint, it has been translated from Russian to English, but they left the French untranslated. The translation is footnoted at the bottom of each page, but it's irritating.

Now, I'm waiting at the nail salon for my turn to get my toes painted. A nice painfully before the baby arrives.

I do plan on making dinner tonight, so my next stop will be the store. Pretty exciting eg?

2 comments:

pnb_dave said...

Second-to-last paragraph: a nice what now?

tp_gal said...

I was editing while on my iPhone and the "read before post" option is a challenge. I think, that should have been:

A nice "activity" before the baby arrives.

Painfully was probably an auto correct, but is kind of funny.

Same thing with the "eg" at the end. That should have been an "eh".