Pages

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

More about me...

As if this entire blog isn't TP central...

It appears as if our discussions in early 2010 have resulted in the undeniable fact that there's a baby coming into our world VERY VERY soon. 

I have been trying to enjoy our last nights of uninterrupted sleep and quiet.  Of course, the actual pregnancy does get in the way of that somewhat, but last night I only had to get up twice.  That's probably more of a sign that I needed to drink more water yesterday, but only having to visit the loo at 12:45 and again at 5am was delightful. 

I've been having adventure dreams of late and seldom am I pregnant or a mother in these dreams.  In my dreams the world needs to be saved and I'm right there in the middle.  I'm sure that's my sub-conscience telling me that soon the life of a small being will be in my hands. 

Too late, I'm already feeling very protective of the belly.  Someone pulled out in front of us in the Target parking lot and Jason's excellent braking skills enabled us to avoid hitting the jerk in the blue beater it almost brought me to tears. Emotionally, I am right on the edge.

Sunday the church sermon was about 'God's will" and letting things be the way they are meant to be.  That doesn't mean that because you're a churchy person that bad things won't happen to you, but when the bad things happen God will be at your side.  A reasonable argument when you consider that kind of support generally comes in the form of family and friends.    To make his point, Pastor Kirby told a story of a family who was a few days away from having their first child and without explanation the baby died.  For anyone this is a terribly sad story but in my current emotional state it threw me into the teary place that was hard to recover from.  I don't know how anyone would be expected to deal with that.  My heart breaks for that family.

In happier news, I think maybe the house is ready to welcome a small person.  I'm as ready as I'm going to be, Jason seems ready so it's just a matter of Lucy being ready.  Tomorrow we have another appointment and hopefully the OB will give us some news that we're on our way.

First babies are notoriously late, but maybe Lucy will be a punctual child.  Jason's dad's birthday is Thursday and I know he's holding out some hope that they will share a birthday.  That would be fine by me, as long as she waits until AFTER my hair appointment tomorrow.  (selfish mommy wants to have her "stripe" removed.)

Other folks are angling for a Valentine's day baby, but I don't really want that.  There's too much pressure for kid's birthdays to make it a darned holiday.  

We'll see, and as we learned on Sunday... whatever will be will be.  If I'm still pregnant in March, what will be will be a cranky bitchy TP... so let's just hope for Jason's sake that that isn't that case. 

No comments: