Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

A very important question

There are certain events in our lives (as women) that are deserving of a tiara.  These include being crowned Miss Loyalty Day (happened to a very nice friend of mine, not me),  your birthday, your wedding day (if that floats your boat), and your quinceañera that's your 15th birthday when you are of Latin American heritage (not all these may apply to every woman.)  Other acceptable times to don a tiara include the annual Academy Awards party, and when you're doing an activity that has any reference to a crown.  The photo at the left is me with my tiara when receiving my new crown from Dr. Otto, DDS.    


I have also been known to put the crown on to elevate my mood while house cleaning or simply to let Mr. Wonderful know that I AM the princess. 

The true question on the table for today is that since the impending birth of our favorite child will involve something called "crowning" is it an event that calls for the tiara?  Do I put it in the hospital bag or not?

Part of me says keep the tradition alive and do it and part of me says "you're going to be focused on other things" so leave it at home.

I just don't know.  Perhaps I'll drop it in my bag just in case the mood arises.  



BTW, the quinceañera also generally involves a huge, fluffy, almost wedding dress, cake and a ceremony.  It is quite the event, if you ever get invited to one you should go.  Yes, it is a party for a 15 year old girl, but the food would be yummy and the spectacle would be worthy of your time.

No comments: