Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Messy Martha an update

So, Messy Martha, the depressed aunt of the north is still living in squalor. I had a very long discussion with my dad and then MM today. We are ALL in agreement that SHE can NOT come and live with either my parents or me. It did cross my mind in a fit of insanity - but the blissful quiet of my home brought me back to reality.

I'm working with MM's type A friend Barb to bring in a squad of folks from Labor Ready to do some intensive cleaning. So, I'm throwing money at the problem for right now. Not much, but enough to make a difference.

My level of guilt over not taking care of my elderly relative is lower than it was, and I think that my small investment will help.

I'll be talking with the DSHS social worker to discuss the future because I can't believe that once she reaches the "must" be in a nursing home stage and she can't afford it that she'll be pushed to the curb. Right now, assisted living would be a great to have, but it isn't medically necessary.

It should be a fun spring! I will be soliciting volunteers for a day of fun to the north. Don't worry if you get a call I'll be offering all sorts of compensation.

No comments: