Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Wednesday's Blather

Took my car in today to see why the check engine light was on. The reason? Volkswagen needed $375 - that's why. Apparently the falange or sprockethook was out of spec and badly needed to be reinstalled. Uh, I don't quite get how something that is no longer the preferred item in the car should be MY financial issue, but the cashier wasn't having any of my flogic on that topic.

I dropped the car off at 8 am and they dropped me at the Bellevue Square Mall at 8:15. I knew it would be a long day, but it really kicked my ass. I did manage to do the following:

a) 8:15 non-fat decaf coffee with old people (read 60 pages of my book)
b) 10:00 got a haircut (cute)
c) 10:50 had links taken out of my watch. Thank you Ben Bridge for not charging me!!!!!
d) 11:20 Picked up my eyeliner at Sephora (and spent an additional $100 on "stuff." Pretty perfume, makeup remover, a lipstick and a make up tool - if you must know.)
e) 12:00 Scowered the sale racks at the Bon... oops, Macy's. Found a H*O*T black dress to wear in a couple sizes and a replacement pink turtleneck sweater for the one I'm swimming in. (Used a gift card, so those items only cost $14!)
f) 12:30 Had soup and the insides of three pot stickers from World Wraps. When I say soup, I mean about two tablespoons.
g) 1:00 worked my way to Starbucks for a tall, non-fat, decaf, sugar-free gingerbread latte. (even the cashier laughed at me for that order.) Read for about 2 hours.
h) 2:00 realized that I had a date to hang out with Melinda today and I totally FORGOT. SHIT, I am a terrible friend. (Called Mel on her home number, and her cell...begging forgiveness.) She's got a good heart and forgave me but I am MORTIFIED.
i) 3:00 walked over to the container store - bought 6- 4 ounce containers for lunch brining in my new work life.
j) 3:25 found a chair and read some more.
k) 3:30 - phone call from VW - car is done! The shuttle will call soon for a pick up time.
l) 4:15 - I call back, um, still waiting
m) 4:30 - a call! 30-40 minutes. (urg)
n) killed some time (and $70) at Talbots. Two more smaller tops!
o) 5:15 back to VW to part with $$$ in the least fun way.
p) 7:00 (damned traffic) arrived home to find a beautiful wreath on my door. (Melinda)
q) 7:02 another phone call to Mel to thank her for being so wonderful
r) 8:39... posting and then... BED.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Sounds like a productive day, in spite of having to wait!

Real friends forgive. :)