Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Rules are Rules


There's a lot of little rules for a successful life after weight loss surgery.  The doctor, nutritionist and all the online support groups are very clear about certain things:

1) don't eat after you've reached the "full" stage
2) don't drink 30 minutes before you eat
3) don't drink 30 minutes after you eat
4) no gummy bread
5) avoid sugary treats

These are RULES and not guidelines.  I think I over did it at lunch today. I was reading and finished all of my little 1/2 cup of chili because it tasted so good and then mindlessly picked up the water bottle and chugged about one and a half ounces of water in one glorious mouthful. 

I am burping and feel really heavy in my chest right now.  I need to either throw up or breath through it for the next 15 minutes.  I refuse to throw up at work so I'm breathing through. 

Stupid stupid stupid!  Perhaps the days of mindlessly eating at my desk with the Internet Browser up are over. 

1 comment:

Peepers said...

Not drinking with meals was a hard one for me to get used to as well. It'll come though just keep working at it. Maybe hide your water bottle or put it across your office out of reach when you're eating lunch. I'm getting tired of waitstaff laughing, scoffing, or saying "okay... whatever" in a valley-girl fashion when I tell them I don't want them to bring me water with dinner. Bitches.