Pages

Saturday, December 01, 2007

An interesting question

Becky came over last night and we had a power visit. She and I have a great talking pace - if anyone else could hear it they'd be amazed.

She is moving down a path of weight loss too and is doing really well. (Go Becky!!!!!) She raided my closet for an accessory to wear to a holiday party. (I almost said holiday sweater, but that brought to mind visions of Reindeer embroidered on a green background with a jingle bell for a nose. *shiver*)

We were in my (home) office and she was looking at all the pictures of me with the people I love, wedding photo's from June & Haji, Becky's own wedding photo, me and the girls the night of the Duran Duran (2006) concert, me and Seal. Becky asked "What happens when you get really skinny, will you look at those pictures and hate the girl in the photo?"

Wow, great question! I don't think so, because in each one of the photo's I display I'm genuinely happy. The photo brings back that feeling of joy and love that I feel for and get in return from my friends. The only photo I have posted that I DON'T love is the one of Seal and me. I look like a bright red blob and I can't see "me" in it at all.

I hope that I always love the girl in the photo no matter what her size. I just took some comparison photos. I couldn't decide which looked best, so here's a bunch:

Before (The Seal and the Whale):








Current:




1 comment:

MJS said...

I'm going to call the 2nd from the top current picture your "Dianne" look forevermore!