Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

More about my darned weight....

I lost weight over Christmas!!!! Only two pounds... but still - yeah!

I was worried about Christmas dinner. Would I be able to sit at the table with my family and not feel deprived? As it turns out, yes. I served myself a dollop of all my favorite foods and a TON of greenbeans. The stuffing was cornbread stuffing (which I secretly hate) so I didn't take much more than a tablespoon of that. I ate slowly, putting my fork down between bites.

I didn't spy anyone ogling my plate (I also spaced the food out so it looked like a full plate.) I ate slowly while everyone else threw food into their face like they hadn't eaten in years. We mostly finished at the same time, although I still had food on my plate at the end so I "picked" at it while some when back for seconds. I had that overly full feeling that is so satisfying after Thanksgiving, but not so much that I had to "give back".

Giving back is a side effect of eating too much, the doctor said it's best to "give back" than hold it in. I didn't want to do that at my aunts house because she's still a little bit on the fence about my surgery. I don't want to give her any reason to doubt that this might have been the best thing I've EVER done for myself.

So, here it is the 27, I lost weight while away and am excited about the return to a normal schedule.

Watch me waste way!

No comments: