Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Whew

The scale is moving again! I'm 9 pounds from a major milestone for me. It feels like it's just around the corner. Yippie.

While I knew that the last two weeks have been normal weight loss (stall) behavior it is still a little distressing. I continue to pass by the Christmas Cookies that are at the office day after day with no "reward." I have always felt that those of us who struggle with our weight should get a small 1/2 pound dip in our weight after we resist something like fudge, french fries, or garlic bread. To get the bonus weight drop, you have had to have really struggled with the decision to walk away from the treat. Again, one more reason that I'm pissed that I don't run the world. (Kidding - I don't want to be responsible for the entire world. So, if you're reading this Morgan Freeman, don't drop by I'm not building you an Ark or anything.)

Anywho... I had a good workout last night. 30 minutes on the elliptical machine (cardio) and a limited (20lbs) set of weights on the circuit machine. I figure I'd better work both the top and bottom half of my body or I'll end up with strong legs but won't be able to lift a pencil.

Of course I didn't hit the gym until 8pm and wasn't tired at 10 so I was up until midnight trying to wind down. Oh well, that's better than a 4am alarm to get up and workout. I know that morning sessions are more effective, but damn... 4am - no thanks.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!

No comments: