Pages

Friday, December 07, 2007

My last day off...

Oh what a wonderful three weeks it's been. I'm ready (sort of) to go back to work, I'm in a smaller size (or more depending on the brand of clothing) and looking forward to starting a normal routine.

Don't get me wrong, I could get use to not working - EVER. Somehow I've managed to keep a pretty normal sleep schedule - I was worried that without mom here I'd start staying up late and getting up at noon - but in the last three weeks the latest I've slept in was 9 am (and that was after a 2 hour break from sleeping between 4 and 6am.) I have been getting up at 7:30 (or earlier - ick) pretty much every day. Hopefully the transition to the 5 am Monday wakeup won't be so terrible.

Even though Janie and I spent a good two hours out and about today I decided it was time to walk my (smaller) butt to the workout area. I just completed 30 minutes on the eliptical trainer. Oh how I love that machine - arms, core, legs AND sweating in fluid motions. It's wonderful!

Hopefully that, and focusing on getting the right amount of water in (I'm WAY behind the curve there) the dramatic results will continue.

Janie and I found the $4.99 sale rack at Macy's today and I picked up some cute things in all sorts of smaller sizes! At this point it doesn't matter if it doesn't fit now, because in no time it will!!!

I do have one piece of sad news. About two years ago I bought this really pretty green silk dress at Nordstrom (super on sale) and told myself that I would lose 20 lbs and be able to wear it. Well, now that I'm down (56+ lbs) the damn thing is too big! FRICK. It has the tags on it and everything. I know, you're thinking take it back - but I think I'd need the receipt.

Can't ramble, Rico is taking me out tonight so I gots ta shower and get pretty.

Happy Friday everybody!

2 comments:

MJS said...

You got it at Nordy's? Take it back honey...they'll take TIRES back for god sake.

Any way, if there's a little Nordy's barcode on one of the tags they'll know how much you paid for it and when you got it when they scan it.

Anonymous said...

You need to find yourself a really great tailor. Don't throw away the things you love. Have them altered to fit you!