Pages

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tuesday News

Oh, I have absolutely nothing to report today. My Monday plans got canceled due to the terrific rain so I took the car to Les Schwab and had the tires rotated (woo hoo) and took my stash of good quality smaller clothes to the dry cleaner to give them a spiff up. That was pretty much my whole day.

Today I'm hanging out with the house cleaner people. (I really don't like being here sitting on my ass while they clean, but it is what it is.) They just got here, so I've really spent my day picking up crap around the house so all they have to do is the actual cleaning. It's a good system.

The office is an area that they don't clean (mostly because when I arranged for the service the office area was a F*cking Mess and I didn't want to deal with it. Now that mom has been here and gone and piles of stuff (clothes, shoes, ugly purses) have made their way to GoodWill the office isn't looking so bad. I moved some stuff around today (the printer and my dresser and made a nice little nook see:



I didn't have a photo for the white frame, so I dropped in some coordinating paper for a subtle touch. The lamp was on my grandfather's desk when he retired, so I think technically it is stolen property from the Washington State Patrol (circa 1965). I think the brass ads a nice contrast to all the purple.


It's going to be a hard day for cat. Not only are there strangers in the house, but the vacuum has been out running. At 3:30 my friend Aide will be brining over her kids so she can get the Christmas shopping done. They are going to hang out until the evening. I'm sure I'll sleep like a baby tonight!

My thought was to bring out the arts and crafts and set the kids up to make their dad (who is in Iraq) some christmas cards. Little gabe - LOVES Peter. I"m not quite sure how Peter feels about their friendship but maybe it works for him too. I do know that there are treats involved - which Peter does love.

My only worry about baby sitting is that my house is pretty much a treat free zone. I don't have any kid snacks unless you count the sugar free popcicles. (Although, those are mine and I don't really want to share.)

Well, that's about it. Tomorrow I'm off to get the Jetta serviced, which means dropping the car off and then hanging out at the mall until it's ready. Bummer - I may have to see a movie. Drat.

I also need to finish reading my book group book so I may be coffee shop hopping too. I am a little apprehensive about being out for the day away from the standard food supply, but I'll just make up a bunch of little meals and carry it with me. I'll be fine.

No comments: