Pages

Monday, December 17, 2007

One Month Out

Today marks the one month anniversary since my surgery... or as they say on the online support groups... "Surgiversary" - that's a word fitting for the Fictionary.

I'm still in a holding pattern with my weight, I'm "stuck" at about 30 pounds down. That's NOTHING to sneeze at, and I'm loving my new thinner frame.

I had hoped to hit 250 before Christmas, but with only 8 days to go, I don't see it happening. I seem to be holding at 261...

I haven't been meeting the protein goals so today I'm trying a new product called New-Whey Liquid Protein. This little 3 ounce bullet has 42 grams of protein and no sugar. It's very efficient. The only problem is that they've added so much splenda that it tastes like ass. I'm hoping that a different flavor tastes better. I'm having a little bit of trouble getting these 3 ounces in. You have to drink it over ice which makes it more than 3 ounces.

When my shipment arrives I'll store those suckers in the fridge so that I can shoot them down without the ice.

So, other than not losing weight (for now) I feel fan-damn-tastic! I was worried that the surgery would be top of mind for all time, but it's not. I'm able to focus on real life, and I'm getting back into the swing of taking care of my people vs. the other way around.

Now, all I really need to do is:
Finish Christmas Shopping
Write and send my holiday cards
Straighten up the house
pay bills
wrap Christmas presents
deal with Countrywide on the property tax thing
deal with Valley Medical on the bill for my surgery. (I pre-paid, but am still getting a bill for $27 Thousand dollars - I pre-paid and that bill is over an above the stated surgery amount. It's a mistake, but unsettling none the less.)
And.... well I think that's it before Christmas.

Oh, gotta run... work.

If I have a moment tonight I'll take a new round of pictures so you can see my progress.

2 comments:

Peepers said...

I'm in a holding pattern too.. I think it's the body's way of 'catching up' or whatever. I bet you're losing inches still, you might measure yourself (if you took measurements before). Or take them now so that you can see the progress. It's pretty amazing how you can lose inches and not pounds. I don't really get it, but it happens to me too.
I'm not sure if you're supposed to be taking a particular type of protein but I will share with you my absolute I-look-forward-to-it-every-day protein shake. It's Champion brand Pure Whey Stack Banana Scream flavor. All of their flavors are good but the banana scream is.. just... so great. Sounds weird, I know. But trust me. it's 23g protein 1 or 2g carbs. You can mix it with 2-4 oz of water, or however much you want. It mixes really well, doesn't get foamy or lumpy. If you need more protein per serving just add a little more to your water. (It's about $23 at Super Supplements for 2lb.) My Dr. told me your body can't absorb more than 30g of protein at one time *shrug* they all have different opinions so who the hell knows? Anyway just wanted to share. ;)

Peepers said...

Oh, and Congrats on the one monthiversary, surgiversary, whateverversary. Tomorrow's my 3 month Bandiversary. Yeah fictionary would have a heyday with the OH site. *winky*