Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

This crazy surgery just might work...

In the weight loss support groups people yammer on and on about "WOW" moments. Those are the experiences that rise up and slap them in the face to remind them that they are no longer their former fat selves.

WOW Moments include no longer having to ask for the airplane seatbelt extender, or when someone they haven't seen in a while doesn't recognize them, or shopping and no longer being able to find ANYTHING in the Plus Section that fits. They also celebrate milestones, 100 pounds lost, reaching goal weights, maintaining goal weight.

I stepped on the scale again this morning (a daily weigh in is not really a good idea, but it's so rewarding right now that I can't help myself) and damn if I haven't dropped ANOTHER two pounds. That's 10 pounds since MONDAY.

I have lost 48 pounds since I started this journey back in July. I quickly dropped 20 lbs. and then stalled and stalled. From the moment of the start of the liquid diet I have been steadily losing. With the minor exception of the 20 lb hospital induced gain, it's been down down down down.

So, I guess a WOW is in order for me!

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself but if this pace keeps up I could be at 225 by Christmas - which would be just shy of 100 lbs lost since my decision to start this journey. Being able to tell you that I started at 317 is a huge thing for me. I didn't think I'd be able to openly discuss my "size" with anyone ever again.

Woo Hoo! Go tp gal!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations tpgal, that is great news. We're rooting for you.

Anonymous said...

When does the 'new'tpgal get to go SHOPPING?

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! That is terrific news! We are all pulling for you (and proud of you!) :)

syp said...

NYC here we come. :-)

Donna said...

Enjoy the weigh-ins now -- you deserve it! Just later on, when tje losses might slow-down, be kind to yourself, okay?!