Pages

Friday, November 23, 2007

A day of fun

Mom and I ventured out of the house today. We're challenged by two things, one I'm the pokey little puppy and it takes me an hour to move across a parking lot and two, she's really unhappy driving my jetta.

She's been in a automatic transmission for about 30 years so the (I think) easy shifting of the volkswagen is hard for her. The really terrible part is that she's so bad at it that it makes me laugh which actually hurts.

We made it to the RiteAid, the Post Office and the QFC before heading back in. She whined when I told her that I would prefer my car be in the garage. I had to walk away as she tried to wedge the car in. I figured if she hit the mirrors on the doors that it wouldn't be the worst thing that's ever happened to the car.

She made it happen - but has made it clear she isn't interested in any road trips until Monday when I can drive. We're headed to church Sunday and while I am recovering like crazy I know I can't walk it.

Rico and Cindy are coming over this afternoon with Thanksgiving leftovers for mom. They are like the nicest people EVER! She picked up a slice of pumpkin pie at the QFC today and ate it for lunch. "Maybe you should eat protein before you eat pie?" I suggested. "I am, it's in the pumpkin, duh!" She replied. Ah yes, the protein infused pumpkin, natures energy source. How stupid of me.

We're actually getting along really well. She's keeping the laundry and the dishes done and I'm focused on the insane eating plan. The schedule is really a bitch. I think I hate the shots the most. Setting the alarm for 6 am to give myself a shot just isn't fun. The heprin (a blood thinner) is leaving little freckles all over my tummy. Thankfully it doesn't really hurt.

Now that my vision is 100% I think I'll start in on the book club book that's due the 10th.

No comments: