Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Three Day Weekend

Down time has always been a challenge for me food wise. I eat (or rather use to eat) when I'm bored. Weekends where I wasn't running 98 million places were also known as terrible food bonanzas.

I've got a lot going on this weekend and since I'm restricted to the liquids for two meals it shouldn't be too tempting to cheat. Actually, the only form of cheating I'm doing right now is putting non-fat salad dressing on my fresh veggies. I'm not tempted by the (*%*$%^ cookie that Lil'John the intern brought me yesterday, or the fother mucking doughnuts supplied Tuesday, or the danged brownies from Monday. I celebrate that fact that pre-resolved TPgal would have had a "treat" Monday, Tuesday and Friday. I would have been able to rationalize that I've "been good" when I really hadn't.

So, this morning - I'm off to Bellingham to visit with Auntie E (of the north) and to do some major house cleaning. She's in her last month of living alone (great timing - crap, I am so self-absorbed - sorry) and I'm meeting her type A++ friend to clean up the house. She apparently fell onto the floor and waited FOUR days before calling anyone for help. I imagine the house is terrible... I'm taking gloves, bleach and hard core trash bags. Anyone wanna come?? Nope, didn't think so.

Tomorrow is BALLET DAY! Normally, Ali and I have lunch, but we're doing coffee instead. I also want to clean out some space in my office for Mom's stuff. She needs a space while she's here... I won't be able to stand a mess and be feeling like crap. I think closet space and drawers should do the trick.

Monday I get to go to the hospital and pre-pay for my surgery. I'm not looking forward to writing that check. In fact, I don't know how on earth you write a check that big. Oh well - must ignore the price as I've already decided to incur the cost. I'm worth it... I'm worth it... I'm worth it!

I also plan to sort through more clothes. I'm practically falling out of my work pants and I know I won't be in them when I return to work on the 10th (of December) so it's time to get rid of some closet bulk before I'm on a weight lifting restriction. I have dreams of cosignment for some of my more expensive items but have no idea where to go. Maybe eBay is a better choice. Oh why did I buy some of that stuff??? The 2500 t-shirts I'll part with easily, but I've got a $150 suede skirt that I couldn't wear now if I wanted to (well, if I cinched the damn thing with a binder clip I could wear it.)

These are not terrible problems to have... I am acutely aware. Have a great Saturday. I'll have my cell on if you want to come up to B'ham and clean old lady stuff. FUN FUN FUN

1 comment:

MJS said...

Did you know that Dana Williams is a seamstress? She might be able to work some magic with the suede skirt. Just a thought!