Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2007

OH - MY - GOD !!!!

Holy sweet Jesus... I was not at all prepared for what I found at E's home. These are only a few of the photo's and I assure you that I have omitted the grossest one.


This is the "living room." E sleeps here and watches TV here. The fold out bed has been folded out for at least a year. Inside those bags are dishes and "recycling."

I pulled about four big bags of stuff from this room and didn't make a dent.















Here we have the kitchen. My picture of the counter tops is blurry (I was pretty disturbed by what we found.) SHe had run out of clean dishes so she was making little trips to Value Village and bringing home more. That's a handy trick.

Based on the date of the paper and items on the floor she's been "cleaning up" in here for about 6 months.

















This is the stove after 4 hours of dishes washing... I'm sad to say that we didn't even make a dent in the filth.

I did clean the bathroom - not to a state where I would want anyone to get naked or sit on the toilet, but enough so that the bio-hazzard is gone, and the landlord could fix the toilet so it would (fucking) flush.

I threw out the food in the fridge and the multiple loaves of "bread." I think it is now officially proven that there is some natural foodstuff in wonderbread. It has to be biological to turn blue and soggy in the unopened bag. I took her to the store and bought her fresh milk, cheese, bagels and bananas. I couldn't talk her into anything else. When I paid for the groceries (all of $21) she cried.

I am so filled with guilt and frustration that I don't know what to do. I haven't talked to her in over a year and had I come up during the summer we could have dealt with this months ago.

As it is, the best we can hope for is that the DSHS people will see that she can't live alone. She can't live with my parents, as there are too many guns in the house and mom is already stretched to the limit taking care of dad. That is a sick joke... sorry

I will admit that I am thankful that living with me isn't an option either - she wouldn't do it even if I had the space and the ability to take care of her. So she has to live in that shit hole for at least another month with paperwork is processed. I left her sitting on a chair in the 'entrance' way, she was sorting beads and reading a little book on depression with cute quotes from people like Charlie Brown and Shirley MacClain. Alright.

I am saddened and fearful that I too will be alone in my elder years. I must remember to marry someone with kids... (Put that on the list will you.)

No comments: