Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Home!

Wow, never before has coming home and taking a shower felt so good! I messed up the alarm on the day of my surgery. 4:30 p.m. instead of a.m. Luckily mom woke up at 5:45. I took a quick power shower (not time to wash and dry my hair) and we were off.

We were only 10 minutes late for check in which turned out to not be an issue.

They took us back into the prep area (very nice - warm blankets, private rooms) and they did a pregnancy test. I am not pregnant! (whew - that would have been hard to explain.)

After a while I was rolled into the surgery area, cracked a joke to the nurse and then woke up and it was 3pm. Damn... you would think that you would have some sort of awareness of time, but not really at all.

They wheeled me across the hospital to my room (which really was as far away from the surgery recovery place as possible.) Lot's of little bumpy transitions. Mom and Rico eventually found me and then the every three hour nursing visits began.

The nursing staff was great - everyone was really nice. I can't say that I loved the catheter. It's a handy little tool - but mostly it just icky.

Becky came Tuesday and we watched a movie (and I can not tell you what it was. ) I know that I liked it - but that's all I remember. By Tuesday my hair was beyond disgusting and I was thankful for only a couple visitors.

Wednesday my phone was ringing off the hook, but it was too far away for me to get to. Sorry if I missed your call.

It was really good to sleep in my own bed last night, and really good to be in my own pj's. Those damned gowns really don't cover very much and I know I was flashing my ass to everyone.

I'm puttering around today, and mom and I are debating about going to rico's for dinner. She's not comfortable driving my car and it's a pretty big hill between here and there. We'll see where the day takes us.

I'm off to shower again! Have a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Peepers said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well and your recovery is going even better! Sorry you have to keep taking heprin shots, what is that all about? The insane liquid diet will be over soon, before you know it you'll be onto food again. So just enjoy the nice side effect of weight loss and consider it a 'separation' between you and food. Hahaha. Take care <3