Pages

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Day Two

Day two of the liquid diet.

On one hand it isn't terrible. The protein drinks are tasty and while they aren't necessarily satisfying I'm not starving and my stomach isn't growling. Last night for my real food dinner I cooked up a small chicken breast and a medley of fresh veggies. I really wanted something in the carbohydrate family but held off. I saved the non-fat yogurt portion of the meal and ate it later as a "treat."

On the other hand… it sucks! I arrived at work yesterday to find a big box of brownies (a thank you gift from a vendor for a referral) which I promptly gave away. It was easy to part with every one except the peanut butter brownie… my mouth was watering as I walked away from it.

Today, one of my new colleagues brought donuts and oranges to the staff meeting. I'm not sure what I want more, the donut or the orange. The orange smells really good.

Tomorrow, if they bring in garlic bread and oatmeal cookies I may have to hurt someone.

No comments: