Pages

Sunday, November 04, 2007

I'm really going to do this

As the date of my surgery looms I'm filled with mixed emotions. Fear is up top, the 2% chance of dropping dead on the table is worrisome even though I don't have any of the major risk factors (except for being overweight.)

I'm in a little bit of denial about the food thing, I do think I'm going to miss it and like everything else in our lives that changes I'll have to form a new relationship with it. Today is my "LAST" day of eat anything I want. I would have thought it would have been a crap food festival, but not so much. So far, I've had a normal lunch and a protein drink for breakfast.

I should be out and about finishing up stuff (like visiting the Super Supplements Store) but I'm still in pjs. I've reached the point where I really want to shower, but I also want to workout so once I'm done here I'll do that.

I was at the mall yesterday getting a birthday gift for a friend and I stopped at Nordstrom to look at shoes. Since I've started the pre-op diet my feet have shrunk from a 10 (mostly water weight) back to the 9.5. Lately, my feet have been sliding around inside the 9.5's and I think I may be headed back to the 8.5 or 9 were I was in college. I had no idea that was possible. I did buy a pair of cute Cole Haan's in a 9. They may be the new work shoe for a while.

TPgal loves to shop, but I'm realizing how fast the weight may come off - the average is about 100 pounds in 6 months. Can you wrap your brain around that? It seems like I have been FAT forever and the idea of weighing 180 or less by May is hard to fathom.

Summer ended and I packed my Capris and shorts away as if I'm actually going to use them next year. I should just get rid of them.

What happens when I'm a "normal" size and can shop in any store? How do I figure out what my style is? Frankly it's easy to shop when you're limited to two stores and you can only buy the things that fit. Mom suggested a personal shopper - and perhaps I'll consider that when the time comes. The idea of being able to shop in the petite section again seems really unrealistic - but I will be there. You just watch.

Ok, ENOUGH about me... I gotta get movin'. It's already 12:30 and I haven't done ANYTHING today.

1 comment:

Peepers said...

Ooh, I'm excited for you. You'll do great, don't worry about the scary 2%. You'll be skinnier quicker than I will, but I'm going to need help shopping too.. it's so easy when there's only one store to worry about. We should go shopping next spring. ;)

Good luck with the liquid diet and stuff. Yours sounds not too bad, and you'll lose weight, which is a bonus!