Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Movie Review: August Rush

What a sweet little movie. We won't be hearing any Oscar buzz about this one, but if you're looking for an uplifting movie about being true to yourself then I heartily recommend this little gem.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers is dreamy and emotes with the best of them. Kerri Russel is luminous, and Freddie Highmore (remember him from Finding Neverland?) is so easy to love, and excels as the modern day musically inclined Oliver Twist.

Robin Williams... well as usual he's a little too over the top, but does shine in one scene. Of course, he isn't talking, and it's quick so you might miss it.

One minor complaint... I saw this one with mom. She opted for a "medium" (a.k.a. enormous) popcorn. Movie popcorn may be one of the bad foods that I will miss the most. I obsessed silently through the commercials and previews about the popcorn. I didn't tell her that it was killing me that she was munching handful after warm, salty, handful of popcorn. I can only hope that eventually I'll be able to enjoy a little nugget of movie popcorn in my future life. If not, until I shake the popcorn monkey I may need to avoid the theaters.

No comments: