Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

*blush*

A friend sent me a copy of a Facebook exchange between two friends that I'm sure was horrifying for the people involved.

The scenario is this, girl 1 posts a photo of herself with a famous person whom she knows through an artistic skill that they share. Girl 2 comments that the famous person has not aged well and refers to her by a common but incorrect nickname. (i.e. referring to Mother Teresa as "terri" -- NOT COOL)

So, the exchange is going back and forth and then BAM the famous person comments "what's up?" The girls try to cover with saying how she looks like some teacher of theirs from ages ago and the famous person says:

"so, I guess I have aged - well yes we all do! and I am not a Patty thank you."

OUCH!!!!

The lesson here...be careful what you say on the Internet about people, they likely are reading you. I've made that mistake about folks in my real life, but have thankfully edited myself after my senses took over. I am prepared to apologize for my comments no matter how true or justified I felt they were at the time.

It's one thing to talk smack about some famous person you don't know, but if you do know them, perhaps you should either remember to be kind or be prepared to say to their face, "hey you look old."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the moronic advice, dipshit.

Um, I mean . . . those are interesting observations. Keep up the great work on the blog!

PNB Dave said...

I hate when that happens.

Also, I think Peter's smart-mouth raccoon friend is just asking for a quick blast from the garden hose.